Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Disrupts Goat Cheese Deliveries

Last night we had a lovely dinner at Otto, near Washington Square. In attendance were my wife and I, Lucy and her friend Petey, my nephew Theo and his friend Marly, my niece Aya, and my sister Joanne.
We spent 2 1/2 wonderful hours together and not a single mention was made of the fucking election.

So glad I will be out of the country by the time the votes are counted.

Here's the thing -- this country is a big hit because of the terrific script, not the crappy actors. Everyone needs to calm down.

I think the people who "revere" politicians are the same ones who think movie stars are "geniuses."

Anyway, have had a wonderful stay in NYC so far. The apartment we rented is lovely and is beautifully located. True, I will have to work another 5 years...

While the outer areas seem to be still suffering, Manhattan couldn't be more normal. Only problem we have run into is that the restaurant last night didn't have goat cheese for the goat cheese pizza. In any family but mine, this would have been met with a shoulder shrug.

This afternoon we leave for Rome. Understand they have some nice art, interesting ruins, and good food. We'll see.

Ciao, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment